Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Alomst a year and a half!

Several times over the past few weeks, I find myself staring at Addie. It seems she no longer is a little baby anymore -- I truly feel she is turning into a "kid." Whether it's running independently from one apparatus to the next at the park or fetching various books for me to read, I'm realizing slowly that she is truly a one-and-a-half-year old. While of course she is still very dependent on Dan and I, compared to this time last year, she really can get around now and entertain herself for long periods of time.

A couple weeks ago, I finally decided to give full self-feeding a try. Addie has been eating finger foods by herself for a while now, but I could tell she was ready to take over the fork and spoon. So despite the major messes, Dan and I have stuck to putting food on her tray or in a bowl for dinner each night, and letting her have at it. As you can see from the video below, she has made great progress. Today she fed herself an entire bowl of oatmeal. Last week, she mastered peas, macaroni and cheese, and grilled chicken.

I am so amazed at her development and how quickly she learns new skills. It is so fun to watch her grow!

No comments: